Georgetown residents are now among those expressing relief and appreciation on Friday after receiving their $100,000 Cash Grant cheques.
The recipients, who had previously registered for the cash grant but had opted not to receive the payment through a bank account, were contacted and advised to uplift their cheque at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall.

According to some recipients, the process was completed within a short period.
Speaking briefly with the Department of Public Information (DPI), one resident said that after receiving a call that his cheque was ready, he went to the Sports Hall and was assisted promptly.
“It was smooth for me. I got here about 10:00 am, and within 30 minutes I was done,” one man said.
Another recipient, who spent about an hour at the Sports hall, also described the process as straightforward.
“It was okay. It was easy. I had no problem, no hassle or anything,” the recipient said.

Meanwhile, Roxanne Holder of Princes Street shared that the opportunity to return and collect her cheque was appreciated after she was unable to complete the process the previous day.
“I came back this morning, after I was here yesterday and they had to close off early because of an event… everything was quick and okay,” Holder said.
Senior citizen Charles Munro also welcomed the arrangement, explaining that while he had registered online, he preferred not to use the banking option.
“I didn’t want anything to do with the bank business. I get my cheque, and I do my thing,” Munro said.
Additionally, Prakash Baldeo, who arrived at around 9 o’clock, said he was pleased with the arrangements and thanked the Government for maintaining the option.
“The process was very nice. I came in, and I got through very well. Everything was okay,” Baldeo said.
He also encouraged persons who do not yet have bank accounts to consider opening one, noting that it could make future transactions easier.

For Raj Coomar, who previously did not have an active bank account, the cheque collection option meant he could still access the grant.
“I was grateful because I didn’t have a bank account,” Coomar said.
He added that the experience could encourage him to open an account.
The government’s continued provision of the cheque option ensures that eligible recipients who have not used the banking system can still access the cash grant.
This current distribution will continue until further notice. The government is working on a community-by-community basis in every region.


